Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eulogy

Baljeet aunty . A strong optimistic woman who lived with no fear in her heart and a lot of courage in her spirit. Often we went to her home, to meet our friends, Balwan and Chintu. They have been living in our Apartments in Hyderabad two floors below ours for the past decades almost. Serving us hot parathas served with ghee, speaking to us about our future. She was amongst the few who supported me when I changed my field from IT to Journalism. Against the why’s, do/do nots, she explained to my mother that I should do what I like and identified me as the “generation of those people who had no choice but engineering”.
Anyway, it pains my heart when I learnt that she is not amongst us anymore. It hurt even more to read it in the paper that it was a cruel accident (the link: http://www.hindu.com/2010/09/07/stories/2010090761390500.htm ). Never would one want to see the name of their closed one like this in the paper. My hands trembled to compose a mail to her son who lives in New Zealand to speak of Aunty’s death as he was a student carried no mobile. One of the reasons, I share this ghastly incident is to convey that our society is not divided on caste, sex or religion. It is divided on basis of money, the rich and the poor.
On probing further in to the matter, the person who hit aunty’s cab said that his driver did it and he is absconding. How convenient!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel God is doing injustice to many people on earth... Very hurting incident... May her soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete